NBF "Who we are."

NBF "Who we are."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
History  "New Beginnings Fellowship"

New Beginnings Fellowship started in the early 1900's.  Meetings in Floyd Building at 237 Church Street in Fort Frances were conducted by P.F. Barnwell on December 10, 1925.  The first church built in Fort Frances was recorded in the Pentecostal Testimony on June 1, 1941.   The 200 seat church was built for $4000 and included a six room parsonage.  It was officially dedicated on Sunday, April 13, and the General Superintendent was Brother D.N. Buntain.  Under the leadership of Rev. R. Barclay (1971), the new Calvary Tabernacle was built, as well as a new parsonage; and the completion was under the leadership of Rev. Peter Tarling. 

1923 to 1983 were the dates that preceeded to the 60th Anniversary celebrations at Calvary Tabernacle.

Pastors who served this fellowship included Rev. Peter Walker, 1939; Rev. Wm. J. Gamble, 1945-1947; Rev. Arnold Mack, 1948-1950; Brother Fulford, 1952-1954; Brother Graham, 1957-1958; Rev. H.R. Collver, 1959-1961; Rev. R.J. Barclay, 1962-1974; Rev. P. Tarling, 1974-1981; Rev. David Saunders, 1981, followed by Rev. R. Croker, Rev. Robert Masters, Rev. William Bridal, and Rev. Stephen Laing. Current pastor since March 2008, Rev. Dr. Marcel Chenier.


 Butler Avenue, Fort Frances, Ontario

  1301 Mill Road, Fort Frances, Ontario

 

MANITOBA-NORTHWESTERN ONTARIO DISTRICT of the PAOC

New Beginnings Fellowship is one of the churches located in the Eastern section of this District. This section includes churches and aboriginal ministries throughout the Northwestern area of Ontario. The area boundaries are Nipigon on the east, Manitoba on the west, and Minnesota on the South.
paoc.net


PENTECOSTAL ASSEMBLIES OF CANADA

New Beginnings Fellowship is affiliated with the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada.
paoc.org